Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Settling in at home

She's home and fitting right in!
Though Juneau is a little upset at the loss of her bed.
We had our first visit to the Pediatrician today. I now completely understand why parents cry when their babies get a shot. She was all snuggly in her blanket and gurgling (so happy or gassy - hard to tell) until they unwrapped her exposing her to all as they stuck her with the needle. If her quivering chin could be used a renewable energy I'm sure we'd have this whole energy issue resolved. And then the high pitched screaming that followed - yeesh.
~
But the question did come up regarding future vaccinations. To vaccinate or not to vaccinate. Invitation for opinions here - anyone??

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cody was vaccinated and is a healthy young man, he has friends that were NOT vaccinated and they are healthy young men. It is personal choice. I have no regrets vaccinating him and would do it again. Good luck with your decision. Please keep the pictures coming. Your daughter is absolutely adorable......... Nancy

Anonymous said...

MY GOODNESS! She just gets cuter and cuter! :) Georgia

Jeff and Kerry said...

I don't have opinions on vaccinating (yet) since I don't have a baby (yet), so sorry about that. I just wanted to thank you for the new pics, she is absolutely precious!

Heather said...

I've heard some parents regret the decision to not vaccinate their kids at all because it does preclude them from some future careers because there are some shots that once you pass a certain age, you cannot get anymore. My friends that haven't vaccinated, have just not done it on schedule, but have worked with their doctors to see what the last possible time that their kids could get them would be. The only one that we have put off has been with Brooke - we delayed the DPT shot because I did some research and it showed that there is a possible link between DPT and SIDS and I was deathly afraid of SIDS, but I just put it off until she was past the age of SIDS being so rampant.
I looked up two books while I was doing the research on it "Vaccines - Are they really safe?" by Neil Z Miller and "DPT - A Shot in the Dark" - I also did a lot of internet research.
It also seems to me like a lot of the time boys have worse reactions, but that could just be my view.
Good luck deciding!

Anonymous said...

There are more and more studies/cases coming out showing that vaccinations are harmful, due to the preservatives & chemicals in them. Some say it's linked to Autism and there's court cases regarding this now.

I had my kids vaccinated years ago (didn't have issue), but recently their high school told me there's a "new" vaccination out that they are requiring all to have, even know you had the "old" one when they were younger. I signed the card to waive them for personal reasons. And, every time my doctor tries to get me to do the Hep B shot or to get my daughter on the HPV shot - I say no.

I would just read the pros and cons and read up on holistic sites. More & more people are realizing that just because the government says something is good for you, doesn't mean it is. Many other cultures don't mandate vaccinations and they are fine.

Anonymous said...

I would like to know what cultures don't mandate vaccines and WHY. Vaccinate, vaccinate, vaccinate. It isn't easy, it made me cry and I give shots to little children all day long. But I will never regret preventing horrible diseases in my child.

Unknown said...

It is far more dangerous to not vaccinate and expose children to life-threatening diseases than it is to vaccinate and expose them to a few hours of side effects and a moment of pain.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, she is absolutely beautiful!!! Welcome home little Emily :-)

Anonymous said...

We are vaccinating Nolan. We did research the delayed vaccination schedule, and since there was no evidence that it did any good at all, we went ahead with vaccinations. I have since heard about the possible link between the DPT shot and SIDS as Heather mentioned - I would talk to your doctor about that one.

Anonymous said...

Hi, this blog is wonderful. I just found it today when you emailed me back. The pictures are great. She is sure cute.It looks to me like she already has wonderful parents. And grandparents of course.
Janice

Powered By Blogger