Monday, July 07, 2008

May 7

Being a little nervous about sending the entire amount due (about the cost of a really... really nice car with the awsome stereo - and non-refundable if it doesn't go they way you hope) without having met her we asked to meet her ASAP. We met birthmom, her 3 year old Son, and her mother at a local restaurant where she had worked until just a few months prior. We really liked her, she really liked us - her mother had a pretty serious list of qustions about our religious beliefs, discipline style, school preferences, names, and other things which I just can't remember at the moment. All very important questions, but when I'm mostly trying to think about how not to throw up - a little hard to answer. After almost 2 hours of talking... I think we ate, but I'm not sure I remember swallowing anything... her mother asked her if we were the ones she wanted to give her baby to, and she said "yes, they're the ones." So David and I went back to work and signed the papers (the check) and knocked on wood. She's due Aug. 21, and they THINK she's expecting a girl :)

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger